Welcome to the Algo Crypto Trading Challenge 2022 (Global).
Ideate your trading algorithms, test on a robust back-testing platform, and compete to make a name for yourself! Gain professional industry knowledge and practical skills to prepare yourself as the next-gen algo-trading professional.
This Challenge is open to public. Create teams of 1~4 members with diverse skills (maths, statistics, finance, coding, presentation) and register by 17 Jul 2022.
Registered teams of 1-4 members will prepare a ppt less than 15 slides consisting of:
• Executive summary
• Trading idea description
• Trading logic
• Implementation detail
• Team biography
Coding is not required in this round
Submission deadline: 21 Aug 2022
Result announced: 31 Aug 2022
Teams will code their trading algorithm and test on ALGOGENE's back-testing engine, then submit the code
Judges will backtest trading algorithms for return, volatility, robustness and practicality to select advancing teams
Submission deadline: 23 Oct 2022
Result announced: 31 Oct 2022
Each team need to compete in out-sample forward test and live paper trading
Live paper trading will last for 2 months from 1-Nov-2022 to 31-Dec-2022
Teams will present trading plan to judges in a 5-minute pitch session on final day
Judges will select winners in each of these categories:
• Best Return
• Best Sharpe
• Best Strategy Design
Final Day: 8 Jan 2023
There are 3 award categories: (A) Best Return, (B) Best Sharpe, and (C) Best Strategy Design.
The winning teams from each category will be entitled to:
• 1st place: US$1,000
• 2nd place: US$700
• 3rd place: US$400
All prize winners will receive a participation certificate
All prize winners will get 1-year free subscription of ALGOGENE's back-testing platform
All prize winners will have a chance to get their algo minted as NFTs in Opensea
All prize winners may have a chance to have internship / full-time employment from the Organisers
Algo Crypto Trading Challenge 2022 (Global)
Gain professional industry knowledge and practical skills to prepare yourself as the next-gen algo-trading professional !Register Now
The dataset provided includes the full tick trading records and bid-ask updates from Jan 2018 to Dec 2020. Kindly note that data provided is strictly for trading strategy prototyping purposes only. Final round evaluations will be carried out using a new data set with the same structure but from a different time period. Thus, over-fitting of the data set is discouraged.
Provide access to required historical data for model development and testing
• Market data
• Economic Statistics
Judging panel criteria comprises team performance (30%), trading strategy (30%), and presentation (10%), plus the risk-adjusted return (30%) as computed by the ALGOGENE back-test system.
(A) Best Return
A good return is the primary goal of every algo trading strategy. ALGOGENE's state-of-the-art trading system will back-test the trading strategies of Finale teams to ascertain outcomes. The team with the highest out-sample 1-year forward test and 2-month live paper trading return will win this award.
(B) Best Sharpe
A good strategy does not only need to be profitable, but it is also important to take care of the risk taking. The team with the highest Sharpe will win this award.
(C) Best Strategy Design
Recognises Finale participants' knowledge and skills in developing the best algo trading strategy that demonstrated the following:
• Trading Strategy Logic: reasonable return, manageable risk, stability and predictability;
• Creativity: innovative use of statistical models, parameters, forecasting methodology or interpretation of data and novel ideas based on existing theory and models; and
• Execution Potential: a realistic strategy and full consideration of factors including capital, trading time, market impact and risk management.
- This Challenge is open to public.
- Each individual contestant is only allowed to be in one team.
- Each team must elect one representative to liaise with the organizers.
- All entries must be the original work of the contestant team. Any form of plagiarism is prohibited and the contestant team will be disqualified from the Challenge.
- Each individual contestant is required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement with the organizers.
- Finalists must present valid ID cards and provide a copy for verification.
- The judging panel’s decision of the Challenge results is final. The organizers reserve the right to the final decision in all other areas.
- An online briefing session will be arranged during registration period to answer any inquiries about the Challenge.
Q: If a person is in overseas, can he still join the competition via zoom?
A: As this contest will take place via Zoom, overseas participants are still able to join the contest. The Final Day will be online.
Form a team of 1~4 members with diverse skills (maths, statistics, finance, coding, presentation) and register by 17 Jul 2022.